A blog offering various X++ code snippets and tips for Microsoft Dynamics AX

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Problem encountered in "Integration Solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX projects and Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

Hi Folks, Some of you might be trying out the new Integration Solution for "Microsoft Dynamics AX projects and Microsoft Dynamics CRM" which can be downloaded from this Partnersource link When following the step-by-step guide you might encounter the following issue: When you try to run "ConnectorMapInstallerForSI.exe", as instructed my Microsoft documentation, the exe fails to load. When I encountered this problem I chose to debug it in VS I got the following exception: “Unhandled exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘ConnectorMapInstallerForSI, version=, culture=neutral, publickeytoken= 'or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed.” Obviously I could not view the source code of the exe. To resolve the above issue I open the VS developer command prompt (luckily I had VS installed :)) and ran the following command: sn -Vr * (Note: the V should be capitalised or else this won't work) After that the .exe loaded correctly. I hope this helps people out there who encounter these problems. References: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/securitytools/archive/2009/12/30/how-to-turn-off-strong-name-validation.aspx If you any questions or comments e-mail me on: mirkobonello@live.com

No comments: